Thursday 26 September 2019

Notes to Myself by Hugh Prather

Hugh Prather does not shy away from talking about how he really feels.

He’s unapologetic about them. Few things I learnt from him is ‘ I don’t need a “reason” to be happy. I don’t have to consult the future to know how happy I am now.’ There are many other things I have learnt and experience that there are few things we all face together, be it about a dilemma, depression, spiritual lifting and love. we all go through some of the other things, it is upon us to lift that agony and come out like a sunflower.

One more quote I love from his notes is:


Don't fight the fact, deal with it.
Don't discard yourself, be more of it.

Another one:

Eloquence is sometimes lyrical, sometimes powerful, but unless it includes love unless the words caress the heart as well as the ear, it is a beauty that inspires but does not heal.

Okay! Last one:

There is no such thing as "best" in a world of individuals.

This novel is recommended to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment